Thursday, January 20, 2011

Exposed

I'm a fairly private person. Does that work in today's social-network-obsessed society?

I do have a blog, but I don't think even my friends even know I have one. I do this for myself. It's like a journal. One with pictures and no lock. It's like a baby step toward being exposed to the world.

Definition of EXPOSED from m-w.com

1: open to view

2: not shielded or protected

Sometimes we all feel a little exposed.

I've been thinking a lot about this since applying for Design Star. Being on a reality show certainly makes one exposed, and there's no hiding from it.

I like the use of exposed elements in design, so I collected these images to help me warm up to the idea of being exposed.

Exposed bricks provide excellent light and shadow effects.


A little exposed rock makes a very cool dining cave.


Lovely exposed trusses.


krzyzek_210609_08jpg
The bolts and fasteners on this chair add to the design.

A beautiful glass globe shows off exposed bulbs.

The colored wires add whimsy to the exposed bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment